An Introduction to CICPA Pass
The Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority (CICPA) is the authorized organization overseeing the safety and protection of Abu Dhabi’s infrastructure and the country’s resources.
- The CICPA is in charge of providing security clearance to organizations and personnel working in any of Abu Dhabi’s crucial enterprises. The CICPA security pass in Abu Dhabi is a complex registration procedure that must be completed with care. HLB Abu Dhabi can provide you with the finest guidance on obtaining a CICPA pass in Abu Dhabi.
- In Abu Dhabi, the CICPA security pass encompasses security clearance and the issuance of permits for permanent land, permanent marine, non-permanent security, vehicles, and vessel clearance. All firms with employees working in Abu Dhabi’s Onshore, Offshore, and Freezone zones must register with CICPA. Then only the needed employees will acquire security permits.
Importance of CICPA pass
- Access to restricted ports and field locations is permitted by CICPA (Critical Infrastructure & Coastal Protection Authority) security passes.
- Several restricted places cannot be entered without the appropriate/correct CICPA permit. Each CICPA pass is unique and must be applied individually.
- Organizations establishing and operating in the oil and gas sector (ADNOC) must obtain CICPA permit registration for employees accessing Critical Infrastructure locations, including oil rigs, refineries, and power plants.
- Supreme Petroleum Council Approval is also included (SPC Approval). Therefore, if a firm works in the UAE’s oil and gas sector, SPC Approval is required before it may register with CICPA Pass.
- It’s interesting to note that licenses can be issued for vehicles, vessels, and drivers, as well as for specific tasks like photography. As a result, if your firm or any of your employees anticipate working in one of these regions, it is vital to determine if you want to get a CICPA security pass.
Company eligibility to apply for a CICPA pass
Companies who want to apply for CICPA passes must meet the following requirements:
- The business must hold an Abu Dhabi Trade Licence.
- Registration with the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce is required.
- The firm must be approved by the Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC).
- Have a contract with a concession holding firm in place, and get an invitation letter (LOA) from ADNOC.
Who cannot obtain a CICPA Pass?
Individuals having the following visas will get denied security permits.
- Freezone visa (aside from some free zones Masdar City, twofour54 – additional approvals will apply to these).
- Visit visa.
- Tourist visa.
- Non-Abu Dhabi-issued visa.
The process of applying for a CICPA pass
Before applying for CICPA passes, several steps must be followed and completed.
- Only workers of Abu Dhabi companies are eligible for CICPA passes (for ADNOC-controlled CICPA locations), and no temporary passes are permitted for persons employed in other emirates.
The following is the procedure for applying for CICPA passes:
- Fill out the application form using the Permit Program (in Arabic only).
- Complete the introductory documentation.
- Attach the necessary supporting documentation based on the type of permit you intend to apply for.
- Submit the application to the Security Permits Section’s headquarters.
- Only the registered business PRO or the company owner may apply for the permits.
It is noted that some CICPA regions come under other jurisdictions, and it will be possible to get a CICPA pass using a firm from an emirate other than Abu Dhabi if the CICPA region does not fall under ADNOC control. HLB Abu Dhabi can provide you with more information on this matter.
Documents required for a company to apply for CICPA passes
- To be eligible to apply for CICPA passes, a business must submit several documents.
- A fully completed application.
- Business trade license copy
- Authorization by the signatory’s signature.
- A letter from the firm requesting the opening of a file and approving a PRO.
- Authorization from a certified PRO.
- Contract signed with a concession-holding firm (LOA).
- A cover letter from the Supreme Petroleum Council for the contract.
- Filled introduction form for PRO
- A personal photo (must be 4cm x 6cm, with a white background).
- The PRO’s Emirates ID, passport, and visa.
HLB Abu Dhabi to Assist
Are you looking for consulting services to help you complete your ideal business project? You’ve come to the right place. HLB Abu Dhabi consultants help you with the process of CICPA pass in Abu Dhabi.
Our team is highly skilled in managing all CICPA protocols and procedures. We are committed to offering high-quality services that meet your expectations. Our team is well-equipped to smooth out any problems that may occur while establishing your company.