Contractors and consultants classification is a system where each engineering and construction company in Abu Dhabi register their respective businesses.
The purpose of the classification during registration is to guarantee that each company has the right skills. These companies should be qualified and skilled to meet the standards in the category for which they want to be classified. The goal is to ensure distinction and manage the quality. Companies under the incorporation process should sign the undertaking letter to finish the registering in 12 months after getting their trade license. To renew the trade license, it is compulsory that your company is classified.
There are two different Classifications – one exclusively for Contractors and the other for Engineering companies. Though the classifying is in terms of similar factors, which include:
- Experience Conditions (executed projects during the previous six years)
- Technical Conditions (number of specified staff (engineers & financial) with a pre-determined number of years’ experience
- Other Conditions (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
- Assets and Capital Value
Categories under Contractor Classification
Contractors projects can be classified into seven categories that include:
- Special Category which is for projects valued above AED 100,000,000
- First Category which is for projects with a value between AED 60,000,00 and AED 180,000,000
- Second Category which is for projects with a value between AED 30,000,000 and AED 100,000,000
- Third Category which is for projects with a value between AED 10,000,000 and AED 60,000,000
- Fourth Category which is for projects with a value between AED 8,000,000 and AED 30,000,000
- Fifth Category which is for projects valuing AED 10,000,000 or lesser
- Sixth Category which is for projects valuing AED 7,000,000 or lesser
Engineering projects have three categories for Classification:
- Special Category permits projects valued above AED 70,000,000
- First Category permits projects valued above AED 20,000,000 and AED 100,000,000
- The second Category permits projects with value lesser than AED 30,000,000
The criteria for each category is different. For your better understanding, here are two instances:
a. You want to register an engineering company in the Special Category:
- Conditions & Experience required – AED 480,000,000 value of formerly completed projects, all of those shouldn’t be lesser than AED 60,000,000, in the last six years.
- You need to get a minimum of five specialized, skilled engineers, with a minimum of 15, 15, 10, 10, and 10 years’ experience, correspondingly.
- The staff must have Abu Dhabi’s visa.
- A minimum capital value of AED 4,000,000 in Abu Dhabi.
- Other Requirements – Valid ISO 9001 certification.
b. You need to register the engineering company in the Second Category:
- Conditions & Experience required – You require to get a minimum of two specialized, skilled engineers, with a minimum of 10 and 4 years’ experience.
- These staff must have the visa to Abu Dhabi.
- A minimum capital value of AED 2,000,000 in Abu Dhabi.
- No Other Requirements are needed.
Requirements to register in Contractor Classification
The registry should have the following information that includes:
- Classified contractors name and other relevant information
- Details of classification (Category, Field and Specialty)
- Academic qualifications and relevant professional experience of the technical staff and accounting staff
- Details of the projects upon which the contractor obtained his classification
- Details of the financial standing upon which the contractor obtained his classification
- Details of the Health, Safety and Quality certifications
- Associated insurance policies for the projects upon which the contractor obtained his classification.
HLB HAMT consultants offer expert services to complete your needs in contractor classification. We offer your company the best advantage and support for company incorporation. Moreover, our auditors are seasoned experts in this industry and are also certified auditors in Abu Dhabi.