Are you ready to venture into the vast opportunities of mainland business in Abu Dhabi? Setting up operations on the mainland could propel your company to new heights – but navigating regulations and requirements can seem daunting. This comprehensive guide on mainland business setup will walk you through the whole process and show you how HLB Abu Dhabi can simplify Abu Dhabi mainland company formation.
What is a Mainland Business in Abu Dhabi?
A mainland business in Abu Dhabi refers to a company that is registered and operates within the Abu Dhabi mainland. This type of business setup allows you to operate your business freely within the city, as well as across the UAE.
Benefits of Setting up a Mainland Business in Abu Dhabi
There are several benefits to setting up a mainland business in Abu Dhabi including:
- 100% foreign ownership: Unlike free zone businesses, mainland businesses in Abu Dhabi allow for 100% foreign ownership.
- No restrictions on trade: Mainland businesses in Abu Dhabi can conduct business with any UAE citizen or company, as well as with international companies.
- Complete Repatriation of Capital and Earnings: Businesses operating within Abu Dhabi’s mainland enjoy the privilege of transferring the entire capital investment and all generated profits back to the investors’ home country without any limitations.
- Access to government contracts: Mainland businesses in Abu Dhabi are eligible to bid on government contracts and projects.
- Ability to operate across the UAE: With a mainland business setup in Abu Dhabi, you can operate your business in any part of the UAE.
- No minimum capital requirement: There is no minimum capital requirement for setting up a mainland business in Abu Dhabi.
Comprehensive Walkthrough for Establishing Mainland Businesses in Abu Dhabi
Now that you know the benefits of setting up a mainland business in Abu Dhabi, let’s look at the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Choose a Business Activity
The first step in setting up a mainland business in Abu Dhabi is to choose a business activity. The Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) has classified business activities into several categories, including commercial, industrial, and professional.
You’ll need to select the activity that best matches your business and ensure that it’s allowed in the location you plan to operate in.
Step 2: Select a Trade Name
Once you’ve chosen your business activity, you’ll need to select a trade name for your business. The trade name should be unique and reflect the nature of your business.
Step 3: Obtain Initial Approval
After selecting your trade name, you’ll need to obtain initial approval from the ADDED. This involves submitting an application and providing the required documents, including:
- Passport copies
- Visa copies
NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Step 4: Enroll with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Abu Dhabi
Once you’ve obtained initial approval, you’ll need to register with the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry. This involves submitting an application and providing the required documents, including:
Step 5: Obtain a Trade License
After registering with the Chamber of Commerce, you’ll need to obtain a trade license from the ADDED. This involves submitting an application and providing the required documents.
Ready to Begin Your Journey? Contact HLB Abu Dhabi Today!
Setting up a mainland business in Abu Dhabi is an exhilarating venture that demands meticulous planning and execution. As a trusted partner, HLB Abu Dhabi is dedicated to simplifying the process, ensuring compliance, and maximizing your business’s potential.